Monday, August 3, 2015

The One to call My Own

"Goodnight honey!"

"Crawls up to the big brand new King Sized Sealy Posturepedic that he got for us and cuddles cuddles with him.."

I swear it is the most comfortable bed ever. Maybe perhaps it's ours to have, and it's really big for two people. I've slept in Queen all my life.

Every morning it get's harder and harder to get up of bed.

...While lying on his chest before going to bed... \I look up at him and asks...

"Honey, love me or not?"

"He looks at me for that three short mil-seconds, gazes deep into my soul, smiles, and says "Very much.." 

...Before he turns away and acts up a vomit.

Haha. 

That's our kind of love. 

=)

I hope this will never end. That we will still look at each other in the same way we do now, 30-40 years down the road.

I hope. 

It's been a week. The first week of the rest of my life. And I'm enjoying every moment of it. 

It's so fun, to have a company to do everything that you want to do with you. To go out night walks (which I so enjoy in this wonderfully serene and clean neighbourhood), someone you look forward to seeing every day, someone to have, someone to hold on to, someone who teases on how fat you look in a particular dress, but still pulls you close to remind you that you are beautiful, someone who gives you that bottle of water to drink first because he knows you are thirsty, even when he is even more thirsty, someone who laughs at your silly jokes, someone who texts you just to see if you are safe, It's all that. 

And to see your other half smile to anything, especially when somehow the matter somewhat relates to you, to me is the greatest gift of contentment. 

It's a beautiful thing, to be in love. 

To stay in love, however, is the real test. 

A test that I will gladly take, with him by my side. 

Being with him reminds me to always be my better self, to be selfless, to change the "ME" into "WE", to try to understand, relate, communicate. It's definitely a work in progress, and I will not be who I am now, say, 5 years down the road, and so will he. The key, is to find the space to grow, and in the midst of that process still find the means to support each other in the best way we know. It's going to be tough, but hey, what is life really, if you have to walk on your journey alone? Wouldn't it be twice as more exciting to have Mr Right do it with you?? =)

Suddenly I realised that this, this is the kind of love I have been searching for all my life.

And I count my blessings every day that he has my whole heart, and I have his.



lotsa love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't Smile Without You!!!