Monday, January 4, 2010

2009

The sun has shone down, and it has risen. A few days ago struck the 365th time it dawned and set, thus marks the beginning of the new year.

There were several blogs I read which stories on the roads that were not taken, roads that were taken, people-how they come and go, memories, and the itsy-bitsy peieces of it. Some blogs write the tale of sadness in which one had to go through, while others wrote on the happiness gained. One blog, in particular, has left me thinking. About how my life painted itself the past year.

The year 2009 was a tumultuous one, with me hovering so much of emotions and words that were not spoken for a period of time. And with me not being appreciative of the things I had. It was a year that tops excitement as compared to the years before, but also a year of pain and grief. It was a year filled with precious moments that I would never forget. It was also the year that I had to make the most painful decision, and now realized that it was not a wise one. It was also a year I learnt that life is not a fairy-tale; that I should learn how to see things from a different, more realistic perspective.

I've met a few friends which I know would last a long time, perhaps, a lifetime. I saw an old friend who was an important role in my younger days after 6 long years. I also gained new friendship from the people that were so much a part of college since the past two years, but have only gotten to know them during the last 2 semesters. Despite that, I'm glad the friendship happened.

I read my resolutions for 2009, and I'm glad to say that I have fulfilled all 5 of them. This year, I haven't written any. But I'm just hoping that the year ahead would be better than the last. At the least, I hope that there wouldn't be so much of sadness. And for that one person whose blog I read, I hope that this year would be a better one for him too.


*Cheers* for a better year for all.


lotsa love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can't Smile Without You!!!