I remember back a few years ago, I used to hate going to college. I hated every moment of it. I remember not taking a second look at my closet and grab the first thing to put on to head to that gilded cage of mine. I remember putting that scornful face every time I walk into the hallways.
Maybe it was the shift of atmosphere. Or how unfair life is. To know I could have ended up in Taylors but ended up going to 'that' TARC.
I always wondered why daddy choose to put me there, and he explained to me, though the justification didn't sink into me. Guess because my glass was full of hatred for college at the time that nothing could change it.
College to me was never a happy place.
But now, as I look back at it, I realised how foolish I was.
Yes, I hated college (not as much now I suppose), but to think about it now, I would have never got a chance to see the world and the beauty that it holds if it weren't for me getting stuck in that place for over four years. Because every sacrifice was worth it. =)
I wouldn't have completed my education in such a proud and classy manner.
I would probably end up being a spoilt brat and never learnt the true value of money and how hard is it to earn it.
I would probably still not know how to converse in Cantonese!
So lesson learned:
1.Don't get agitated too easily.
2.See the brighter side in life. There is always a choice.
3.Choose to be happy no matter how bitter the circumstances thrown at you may seem.
4.CHOOSE TO BE GRATEFUL.
5. Always know that GOD has bigger plans for you. You'll just have to be patient. =)
Here's something Vanessa sent to me.
I think it's quite nice. =)
(Gems of WISDOM)
1] Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a "steering wheel" that directs the right path throughout
2] Do you know why a cars' WINDSHIELD is so large & the Rear-view Mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. Look Ahead and Move on!
3] Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write one!
4] All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don't worry, they can't last long either.
5] Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
6] Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end!
7] When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
8] A blind person asked Swami Vivekanand: "Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, losing your vision!"
9] When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10] WORRYING does not take away tomorrow’s TROUBLES, it takes away today’s PEACE!
lotsa love.
Maybe it was the shift of atmosphere. Or how unfair life is. To know I could have ended up in Taylors but ended up going to 'that' TARC.
I always wondered why daddy choose to put me there, and he explained to me, though the justification didn't sink into me. Guess because my glass was full of hatred for college at the time that nothing could change it.
College to me was never a happy place.
But now, as I look back at it, I realised how foolish I was.
Yes, I hated college (not as much now I suppose), but to think about it now, I would have never got a chance to see the world and the beauty that it holds if it weren't for me getting stuck in that place for over four years. Because every sacrifice was worth it. =)
I wouldn't have completed my education in such a proud and classy manner.
I would probably end up being a spoilt brat and never learnt the true value of money and how hard is it to earn it.
I would probably still not know how to converse in Cantonese!
So lesson learned:
1.Don't get agitated too easily.
2.See the brighter side in life. There is always a choice.
3.Choose to be happy no matter how bitter the circumstances thrown at you may seem.
4.CHOOSE TO BE GRATEFUL.
5. Always know that GOD has bigger plans for you. You'll just have to be patient. =)
Here's something Vanessa sent to me.
I think it's quite nice. =)
(Gems of WISDOM)
1] Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a "steering wheel" that directs the right path throughout
2] Do you know why a cars' WINDSHIELD is so large & the Rear-view Mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. Look Ahead and Move on!
3] Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write one!
4] All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don't worry, they can't last long either.
5] Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
6] Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end!
7] When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
8] A blind person asked Swami Vivekanand: "Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, losing your vision!"
9] When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10] WORRYING does not take away tomorrow’s TROUBLES, it takes away today’s PEACE!
lotsa love.

No comments:
Post a Comment